Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tip Top

It's no secret that I really dislike the treadmill but I have come to an uneasy peace with it over these cold winter months.  I'm in the gym three times a week to lift weights and the treadmill offers a convenient way to run. Well now that the weather is warming up, I'm excited to get back to running outside and to other types of exercise.  I really feel like my cardiovascular fitness has suffered during these cold winter months.  I know some folks love the treadmill but I really feel like I have actually become less fit using it.   You move unnaturally on it and the machine helps way too much.  A hill repeat on an actual hill will always be more intense.   

I'm finding that I need much longer to recover from high intensity moves that I used to be able to do easily.  And I want to be tip-top shape.  So starting this week, I'm refusing to get on the treadmill.  I'm sticking to skipping rope and interval training (Body Rock TV style and with running)--basically moving my body.  

I think my fitness motto should be that:  Move Your Body.  Just Your Body.  Move it Fast.  Move it Strong. Everything Else is Extra.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sis just wanted to stop by and let you know that I replied to your comment. You can go check it out if you are not following the post by email. Thanks for stopping by and let me know if you need anything else.

    ReplyDelete